Thursday, February 23, 2012

It's in you to give!


Resource
 As I was sitting at the hospital today waiting for Bob I was thinking about blood....yup, good ol' life giving blood!  Since university I have been a donor.  Now that I have cancer, I can no longer donate to this worthy cause.  I am B RH Positive...only 7.6%  of Blood Type Amongst all Canadians are this type. So many people need blood.

Approximately every minute of every day, someone in Canada needs blood. In fact, according to a recent poll, 52 per cent of Canadians say they, or a family member, have needed blood or blood products for surgery or for medical treatment.
The good news is that one blood donation - in just one hour - can save a life.

Source: Canadian Blood Services

It's never too late to give :)  ...just saying!  Shelley

No comments:

Post a Comment