Sunday, September 23, 2012

A few things....


Greetings!

This past week I would like to thank a few people.....
  • First of all...to my husband Bob - wow!  I am excited for his return today....he has been gone almost 10 days now....all the little (& big) things that he has done for me these past 6 months are incredible! xoxox
  • To Pam H....thanks for taking me to chemo this past Tuesday! I can't quite remember it all....lunch included as those drugs put me in a daze like no other!  Lol!!  And to all who offered to take me to chemo, thank you too! Its nice to have friends to call on.
  • Deb B...what a great visit this weekend!  Thanks!
  • Rita & Jim......the Saskatoon Berry pie was delicious! I could actually taste it!
  • The helpful staff at Elizabeth's Lingerie who help me literally jump into Spanx while laughing hysterically....how do you ladies wear these things?? Lol!!
After almost 5 months of waiting, I finally had a physio assessment at the Cancer Clinic.....waahoo! So what do I know.....
  • Physio sessions are covered by health care
  • I am Stage 1 Lymphedema (thanks Jane and Sylvia for keeping this under control while I waited to get into see Tracy)
  • For the next while, I will go twice a week to work on scar tissue and mobility in preparation of reconstruction and lymphedema management
  • Wow! Tracy, the physio therapist is very knowledgeable! Just imagine if I (and all other patients) could get into see her sooner....some of my current issues would be non-existent!  Yet I have been going to physio and massage to keep things manageable too!  If I didn't have access to private services who knows where I would be.....
  • Spanx can help the fluid build up in the torso area....this slight compression will help the fluid move and take pressure off the lower back
Only two more chemo sessions left!! I can hardly believe this chapter will soon be closed! 

Happy Sunday - Eat, Pray & Walk! Shelley xoxo


3 comments:

  1. OMG! I would have loved to have been there during the "spanx episode". It sounds like an episode of Seinfeldt!! Two more to go then restful healing and strenth building shall begin! Yahoo!
    Prayers and love,
    Pat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't checked in with your blog for some time now, but I now feel up to date and wanted you to know that we continue to think about you and your family. The Spanx episode reminds of the time we were in Calgary at a shoe store and the Russian sales clerk was doing her best to get you into some boots! I'm sure she was glad to see our backsides as we left the store. Now, of course, your backside is all Spanxed into shape!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE SPELL TESTIMONY

    Thank you so much DOCTOR ODUNGA for making my ex boyfriend come back to me. I am writing this wonderful testimony in respect of this man. He made all my wishes come true. My boyfriend and I dated for more than 3 years and although we had had so many quarrels we never thought of a break up. One day, he called me over the phone telling me how he is tired of the relationship and cannot see anywhere that we are heading to. Months passed and my boyfriend did not contact me anymore and I did not hear from him anymore and his cell phone was disconnected. I knew I needed to seek help because of the love I have for him. I contacted this great spell caster because i have never contacted anyone before and i tell you that after a week of contact, my ex boyfriend called me and asked to see me and the next morning, he wore a ring on my finger. I am very happy because I am soon going to be a married girl with the help of this great spell caster. I promised to manifest your works to everyone and please contact this man to help you at

    Email: odungaspelltemple@gmail.com

    OR contact him on WhatsApp +2348167159012

    ReplyDelete