I am half way done this second phase of chemo. Today's session last 2 hours and 15 minutes. I also learned that I am receiving 3 rounds of Taxol in a dense dose state meaning that Day 1, 8, 15 and 21of the rotation equals one round....hence every week for 12 weeks.
Week 5 was uneventful really - just more of week four. Other highlights include:
- Lunch with Cheryl (thanks so much - good luck with school start up ;-))
- Fishing at Rowan's Ravine
- Visiting, eating and listening to Nick Faye at Pasqua Lake (thanks Leanne & Brian for being awesome hosts and to Grandma Marg for SUPER cooking - love the perogies! Missing my mom!) Nick is an up and coming musician....Check out his music at the link above or here
- Eat, pray & walk - we are walking 4.2 miles every day....some days that is all I get done but it is worth it! Bob continues to be my inspiration! My hunger is all day every day....wish I could taste more of what I am eating.
- Handling Taxol - so far so good...tired and a bit achy in my back
- Physio, acupuncture and lymph massage....soooooooo relaxing and sooooooo helpful
- Blood works continues to be strong - platelets are holding
To my Ministry crew, I have not abandoned you.....I will be in soon :) Miss you all! .....Talented Amanda McKay is an artist extraordinaire in my opinion....check out her work online! On page 8 of her photo book, there is a painting that she gave me "We Can with Love"- absolutely beautiful!
Love to all, Shelley & Bob