Tuesday, January 22, 2013

January Update

This month has been a bit frustrating at times.  Not only are the cold, cloudy days a bit nerving but my progress on the medical front (or lack there of) is slower than I would like it to be. Actually it isn't all doom and gloom as I really am progressing well... just really really slow.

There are more days of feeling well than not.  That is a good thing.  However, after 2 or 3 "good" days, I am exhausted! And that is without doing a whole lot of extra!  When I am tired, I swell.....yup, good ol' lymphedema rears its head ever so slightly and I sleep.  This past weekend, after grocery shopping, I had a crazy allergic reaction (at least I think that is what it was).....Initially I thought I was having a mega hot flash.  Then I started to dry heave....itch, break out in hives, vomit,....not a pretty picture by any means.  After taking a Reactine and within half hour, the itch and swelling subsided and all returned to normal.  Today at physio, I was more swollen than usual which was attributed to the "allergic reaction".  To top that off, I am still struggling with my impinging dominant shoulder....this has been a challenge since my last surgery.  Not sure if I over did it compensating for all the aches and pains or if I was dropped during surgery LOL! Thank goodness the physio therapists, Alysia and Tracey are fantastic at what they do!  My twice a week sessions are keeping everything at bay.

OK enough "whoa is me".....I am still doing really well!  Bob and I had a great visit with our good friends the Hamms, the Wells, the McCrimmons, the Munns, the Shannons......so good to laugh with great friends! Karen and Rich were down to see us too on the weekend.....aaahhhh! Loved it!

On the 21st Bobby turned 50! So we had a bit of celebrating to do.....very low key mind you but fun. He's been busy traveling North America and ventures off to Europe in February.
Happy 50th Bob!
A young Bob...
thanks Reid for the photo!














And today....it actually warmed up to -17! Waaahooo! Zoe and I were back outside on the snowy trail enjoying the great outdoors.    These past three days of -41 kept us inside.

Onward and upward! .... Slow and steady wins the race! ....Eat, pray,walk! ...  Life is good!

Shelley xo


1 comment:

  1. LOVE SPELL TESTIMONY

    Thank you so much DOCTOR ODUNGA for making my ex boyfriend come back to me. I am writing this wonderful testimony in respect of this man. He made all my wishes come true. My boyfriend and I dated for more than 3 years and although we had had so many quarrels we never thought of a break up. One day, he called me over the phone telling me how he is tired of the relationship and cannot see anywhere that we are heading to. Months passed and my boyfriend did not contact me anymore and I did not hear from him anymore and his cell phone was disconnected. I knew I needed to seek help because of the love I have for him. I contacted this great spell caster because i have never contacted anyone before and i tell you that after a week of contact, my ex boyfriend called me and asked to see me and the next morning, he wore a ring on my finger. I am very happy because I am soon going to be a married girl with the help of this great spell caster. I promised to manifest your works to everyone and please contact this man to help you at

    Email: odungaspelltemple@gmail.com

    OR contact him on WhatsApp +2348167159012

    ReplyDelete